Publishing industry standards are met through a proactive process of customer and contributor feedback alongside ongoing collaboration with publishing industry bodies:
- Emerald uses CrossRef and DOIs to provide reference linking services.
- Athens is provided for users of Emerald databases to authenticate their subscription access.
- Emerald currently adheres to the COUNTER and OpenURL industry standards.
- Emerald databases are also compatible with the following reference management software: EndNote, Reference Manager, RefWorks and ProCite.
- Emerald subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE)